In an effort to assist with the financial implications of scaling remote working solutions for Covid19 responses, Citrix has announced new Business Continuity licensing packages for core products including Virtual Apps and Desktops (formally XenApp/Desktop) and the ADC platforms (formally NetScaler).
Virtual Apps & Desktops Business Continuity licence packages are based on subscription licence models that can be added to existing traditional ‘on-prem’ licences in the same environment. If you normally only provide ‘Citrix’ to a sub set of your total user base but now need to quickly scale to support more of your team working from home then this is for you.
Great news but we need to move swiftly as we understand (at the time of writing) that the offers have only been authorised until the end of June 2020. With new bundle and kick start packages now available, cloudDNA’s commercial team can give you guidance around the cost effective way to achieve your objectives.
UPDATE May 6th 2020
Business Continuity Pay as you Grow Citrix ADC licence upgrade promotion announced
Citrix have officially extended the Pay as you Grow upgrade promotion until the end of June 2020. Designed for organisations that wish to increase capacity of existing hardware or software Citrix Application Delivery Controllers or increase the number of services monitored using Application Analytics in existing Application Delivery Manager deployments, we’ve thought of a couple of ways that you might want to use the licence to help scale services…
- Increase VPN capacity for better remote user experience
- Extend VPN to provide AlwaysOn for Windows laptops hurriedly deployed during initial response to Covid19
- Increase service visibility metrics to improve UX and reduce support ticket resolution times
- Enhance risk based authentication and access control to improve data security across remote teams
- Integrate with 3rd party authentication services for SSO user experience and audit enhancement
- Increase service capacity to support growth in demand
- Improve web server utilisation for service efficiency and cost reduction
- Integrate with 3rd party authentication providers and automation tools
- Boost service reliability and availability across all hybrid multi cloud deployment scenarios
- Dramatically improve security posture against bad bots and API abuse
- Decrease service latency compared to legacy point product delivery infrastructure architecture