News IPEXPO Manchester 2018 Review
We've been regular visitors to IPEXPO Europe in London each October so this year we thought we'd head north for the sister event, IPEXPO Manchester. We've spoken at the northern show on a couple of occasions to date but this year decided we'd sign up for a booth on the expo floor. Here's our highlights from the two days including our regular top 5 hot topics from the cloudDNA stand conversations.
Day 1 and we welcomed Karl Brown, Senior Product Marketing Director for Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN to the stand, who kindly timed a trip to Europe to coincide with the event. Never one to miss an opportunity to spread the good word, our Co-founder Al introduced Karl to a packed Cloud Architecture Theatre for 'Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN, What's New, What's Hot?', a breakout session hosted by cloudDNA. We've had some great feedback following the theatre session and have been asked to host the session as a webinar, so keep an eye out on our events page and social channels for joining details coming soon…
Citrix CTO Christian Riley popped on to the cloudDNA stand to say hello before heading off to deliver his session in the Keynote Theatre about the relationship between Citrix and Red Bull Racing F1. It's a super cool case study for Citrix where the only thing that ever crashes has wheels or a Microsoft badge on it ;). The day finished with the friendly folks at IGEL inviting us to a channel bowling tournament. A respectable 2nd place for team cloudDNA, beaten only by the Citrix team who clearly spend far too much time in the bowling alley :)
Day 2, and bowling injuries aside, we had another cracking day with more great conversations about a wide range of service delivery challenges. We wrapped up with the day with Al on guest panel duties at the closing keynote session, hosted by IPEXPO Content Director Andy Steed.
Diversity, GDPR and
Brexit all featured with industry specialist speakers covering each topic
before Al (introduced to the audience as the 'O-B One of SD-WAN'), closed the
session with a whistle stop tour of the basic principles and potential benefits
of SD-WAN. If you missed it, the video of Al's contribution to the session is
working its way through post production now and will be published soon. Again,
keep an eye on our social channels.
We always find
common reoccurring themes when on stand duty at shows like IPEXPO and here's
our pick of the top 5 topics of discussion in Manchester over the last couple
- Citrix NetScaler 5500,7500 & 9500 upgrades. The MPX 5500/7500/9500s were the first appliances to use the multicore code and were hugely popular as they offered significant performance benefits from the older tin (and also paved the way for the virtual appliances which followed). With an End of Life date in September this year, these remaining work horses are destined for retirement. cloudDNA's legacy appliance upgrade packages are designed to de-risk the migration and ensure the upgrade appliances are both fit for purpose and provide maximum RoI. Do you have NetScaler 5/7/9500 appliances in production? cloudDNA are able to offer vendor funded trade in allowances for hardware refreshes for a limited time.
- Citrix NetScaler Unified Gateway. Using Citrix NetScaler Gateway as an access point for VDI has been standard issue for years but with the continued development of the SAML integration capabilities, risk based authentication, portal customisation and integration with MAS (see below) resulted in some great conversations.
- Citrix NetScaler Management and Analytics System(MAS). We say this every year. If you have NetScaler in your infrastructure and you do not currently use MAS, then download it for free and see the future.
- Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN - Packet duplication. If you care about call quality in the branch then this little trick may be just the thing you need. Call quality suffers because packets are lost or delayed in transmission. Packet duplication effectively allows duplicate packets to race each other over the available physical links. This ensures you caller's voice is loud and clear, even in the most challenging network conditions. No more Daleks.
- Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN - Citrix on Citrix. Many organisations rely on Citrix XenApp/Desktop to deliver services to their branch users. The unique capabilities of Citrix NetScaler SD-WAN to deliver Citrix workloads are well documented and unbeatable in the field. Add in user experience analytic capabilities that get right inside the ICA /HDX stream and you've just delivered the stuff that dreams are made of.
Thanks as usual to all at Imago Techmedia for a great event and of course to our friends at Citrix for their continued support. Next stop, our Citrix Synergy 2018 update briefing in London on May 17th. Fancy it? Info here…